You probably never expected your child to come home with a pinworm infection. Believe it or not, it is the most common intestinal parasite in the United States and exists year-round, especially in warm, moist climates. Anyone can contract pinworm, but those that are most likely include:
- Preschoolers and school-age children
- Parents or family members of infected children
- Workers or participants at childcare centers and other institutional settings
The good news is, although it can be an inconvenience, pinworm is very treatable.
Reese’s Pinworm Products help treat the infection and control the itch.
Available over-the-counter at many major drug chains and independent pharmacies across the country, Reese’s Pinworm Medicine and Reese’s Pinworm Itch Relief Wipes are designed to be used together to treat pinworm infection and relieve the symptoms associated with it.
What Do You Need to Know Before You Go to Buy Pinworm Medicine?
- Because pinworms are so contagious, it is recommended that all family members be treated at the same time.
- Dosage is measured by weight. If the household is large, or has two or more adults, more than one (1) oz bottle or a (2) oz Family Pack may be required.
- Reese’s Pinworm Medicine can take up to 72 hours to fully rid the system of pinworms. During this time, itching is common. Reese’s Pinworm Itch Relief Wipes can be used to provide relief from the associated itching and irritation. The wipes format keeps contact with highly contagious pinworms to a minimum, a preventative step to avoid re-infection.
- Keep your receipt! Rebate forms are available here for both Reese’s Pinworm Medicine and Reese’s Pinworm Itch Relief Wipes.